Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally doing it!

Well this week was our first official week with Chloe's new at home schooling option. I have really tried to keep my cool; from reminding myself that I'm not dealing with an adult to not having all of our materials here and ready to use. We started Math, History, Science, and Art this week so it's been eventful. I knew that Chloe was struggling with Math, but after being with her this week I wonder what they actually taught her at St. Paul's. Chloe is afraid to ask for help when she doesn't understand. I have really tried to emphasize to her that I am here to help and to give her tools that will facilitate her grasp of the information. It's helping, but I'm afraid we have a long way to go.
Chloe made a self portrait of herself this week and I have to say it's a masterpiece. She really loved Art and was amazed that paint can be made to look so real. This also made me realize that it's been much too long since we've been to a museum, so we're heading to the LA County Art Museum in November. It's going to be LOTS of hard work, but I know that we'll get through it.

No comments: