We had a busy day today. I let Chloe sleep in because she's eating a ton, and I can only assume it's because she is growing. Our day started at 9:30.
9:30 to 10:00 am Breakfast.
10:00 to 10:30 am Chloe did an interactive online class via Elluminate. She is taking a writing class with a teacher and about 100 + kids.
10:30 to 11:00 am Study island. Please refer to yesterday's post about what this is.
11:00 to 11:30 am French.
11:30 to 12:30 pm Math. We did more multiplication today using 2 digits. She breezed right through it. I didn't make her do two lessons because I was concerned about the amount of work we had to do.
12:30 to 1:00 pm Lunch. Today we had some pasta with tomato sauce and some crusty bread.
1:00 to 1:30 pm Strategies for success. This is actually another test prep thing. She has to read and underline tips that will help become a better test taker. Today's lesson was centered around reading the questions first before looking at the answers.
1:30 to 2:30 pm Science. This is actually the course that I will be focusing on today. Chloe's keywords for this lesson were fluid, pascal, and pressure; you guessed it we did air pressure today. It was a really fun lesson and Chloe really liked the experiment. I tried to take pics of the can, but couldn't get a picture that showed the before and after very well. Today's assessment was actually doing the experiment and having Chloe answer the following questions. Her answers to these are also included.
1. Which has greater pressure- gas molecules or liquid molecules? Liquid molecules have more pressure.
2. Which takes up more space - gas molecules or liquid molecules? Gas molecules take up more space.
3. When you heated the can, into what state of matter did the water change? The water changed into gas.
4. When you turned the can upside down in the water, could air get into the can? Air could not get into the can.
5. When you place the can in the cold water, it cooled. What state of matter did the water change into then? The water changes into a liquid.
I like the lessons in Science because each has an experiment that helps make the lesson tangible.
2:30 to 3:00 pm break. Chloe wanted to take a shower so that she was ready for choir tonight.
3:00 to 3:30 pm composition. Chloe focused on writing a summary of the book and evaluating plot, characters, and setting for a book report. I will actually focus on composition once she has finished her book report.
3:30 to 3:45 spelling.
3:45 to 4:45 Literature. More Robinson Crusoe today. Will read the actual book tonight before bed.
Join us tomorrow for Math, spelling, Literature, vocabulary, composition, state history, history, art, study island, and French.