Sunday, September 14, 2008

Whoa!

Well week 2 was a bear but we got through it. We got most of math done and got through Art, History, Science, Music, and some reading. I can't imagine how much more hectic the schedule will be like once we get our Language Arts Materials. Since we're technically behind in language, I'm sure that we'll have to play catchup. I really want to "bank" some Math lessons so that we can just focus on Language when the materials arrive.

I suppose I just didn't realize how much work I would be doing. So far I think that the curriculum is great, it's just taking a long time to get through it. Chloe is taking notes, and I know that she wasn't working this hard in regular school. We both get a little frustrated at times, but breaks and outside walks help. This upcoming week we are going to the Coast for our first field trip. That will be really fun.

Sorry if I've been a bad friend, just busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your family on this big undertaking. I can't wait to see these materials and see how Chloe flourishes with them. She's got a great teacher! hugs to you both! Ru

Mrs. Smong said...

Miss you guys !!! We got the cards in the mail and just wanted to say thanks for all of the well wishes you sent Thomas. He is growing like a weed and changing in appearance almost daily. When he was born, everyone said that he was a spitting image of my side of the family ... now he's pretty much all Rob. It will be interesting to see how things feret out. Hope to see you all soon. Keep up the good work Chloe (and Mommy !!!)