Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm in love!



Ryan and I got new bikes this weekend and I'm in love. We went to Wilson's bike shop downtown and picked up two Worksman Cycles, but they are more like tanks really. These heavy duty bikes are industrial bikes made in the USA as they are ordered. My bike is white with chrome baskets in the rear and one in the front. Ryan's bike is blue and his rack is being ordered by Wilson's as we speak. Our bikes are steel and the tires are made of kevlar, which means that we'll never have a flat. We are having Wilson's look into ordering some standby generator lights, but that may not be possible; these lights are powdered by you and the standby option keeps them on while you are at stoplights. If they can't find them then we'll just have them install basic generator lights. Either way we are stoked and we are desperately trying to teach Chloe to ride her bike so that we can have family rides. I've been to Borders, Costco, and Savemart (just to name a few places) already on mine and I love it! I feel really healthy and as if I am being a good world citizen by not driving my car so much. I've gotten many complements on my bike from senior citizens and children alike.

School is going well. We are still catching up, but I'm not going to worry about it since Thanksgiving vacation will give us ample time to catch up and maybe get ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, I'm jealous!